HOUSTON – (April 11, 2022) – LIDROTEC, a pupil startup from RWTH Aachen University in Germany that aims to boost manufacturing in the semiconductor marketplace, took home the grand prize at the 2022 Rice Company Approach Opposition (RBPC).
Amid semiconductor shortages all over the world, LIDROTEC claims its know-how can remove materials waste in the chopping course of action in the course of producing, the two preserving funds and escalating productiveness.
The RBPC, hosted per year by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship and Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Organization, is the world’s greatest and richest university student startup levels of competition. This year’s edition noticed 42 startups competing for more than $2 million in prizes.
The winners were being declared at the summary of the three-working day pitching, mentoring and networking event which included an Elevator Pitch Competitiveness, Exercise Round, Semi-Finals, Wildcard and Closing Round. Persuasive innovations presented by this year’s groups led sponsor businesses to insert a number of hard cash prizes at the past minute.
The 42 startups represented 34 universities from four nations, with 11 universities represented by two distinct groups. They had been preferred from more than 400 applicants to contend in a single of 5 groups: energy, clean tech and sustainability life sciences and wellness care options client items and products and services hard tech and digital enterprise.
The RBPC’s far more than 250 judges act as — and most are — early-stage buyers analyzing the startups’ possible. Groups pitch their enterprises to traders, business people, corporate executives and ecosystem partners in the course of the occasion, then community and get actual-time opinions, guidance and mentorship.
Significant prizes this yr and the groups that received them include:
* $350,000 GOOSE Cash Financial investment Grand Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen.
* $155,000 The OWL Financial investment Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $65,000 The OWL Expenditure Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoors, Louisiana Condition University.
* $50,000 The OWL Financial investment Prize — TransCrypts, College of Toronto and Harvard University.
* $250,000 TMC Innovation Health care Investment Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College.
* $125,000 Softeq Undertaking Studio Prizes (two prizes) — Mallard Bay Outdoors, Louisiana Point out University LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $100,000 Jon Finger and Finger Passions, David Anderson and the Anderson Household Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce Second-Place Expense Prize — Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh.
* $50,000 Jon Finger and Finger Pursuits, David Anderson and the Anderson Household Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce Third-Location Expenditure Prize — Invitris, Complex College of Munich.
* $100,000 Houston Angel Network Investment Prize — Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh.
* $100,000 TiE Houston Angel Team Expenditure Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $50,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Financial investment Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $25,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Expenditure Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoor, Louisiana Point out College.
* $10,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Investment decision Prize — Bold Shift Drinks, College of Texas at Austin.
* $40,000 nCourage Financial investment Group’s Brave Women Business owners Expense Prize — Invitris, Complex University of Munich.
* $10,000 nCourage Expenditure Group’s Courageous Women Business people Investment decision Prize — Pareto, Stanford University.
* $25,000 Southwest Countrywide Pediatric Gadget Prizes (two prizes) — Advanced Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University EpiSLS, College of Michigan.
* $25,000 City Funds Network Expenditure Prize — Woobie, Brigham Younger University.
* $25,000 IN2 Electricity, Cleantech and Sustainability Prize — EpiFresh, Rice University.
* $25,000 Pearland Financial Improvement Corporation Spirit of Entrepreneurship Prize — Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh.
* $25,000 New Local weather Ventures Investment decision Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Technological innovation.
* $20,000 OFW Legislation Fda Regulatory Approach In-Form Prize — Superior Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University.
* $5,000 Eagle Buyers Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $3,000 Nixon Institute Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College.
* $3,000 DK Innovation Electricity Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Technological know-how.
* $1,000 Mercury Elevator Pitch Competitiveness Prize — EpiFresh, Rice College
The 7 finalists based mostly on the judges’ over-all scores had been:
LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College — grand prize and specific prizes worthy of a total of $682,200.
Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh — second area and a complete of $386,700 in prizes.
Hoth Intelligence’s software program takes advantage of augmented reality to permit overall health treatment companies see “through” and “into” clients to guidebook processes and lower mistake.
Invitris, Technological College of Munich — third position and a overall of $97,200 in prizes.
Invitris leverages artificial biology to develop novel therapeutics to address antibiotic-resistant bacterial bacterial infections.
LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College — fourth place and $258,000 in prizes, together with the $5,000 Norton Rose Fulbright Fourth-Spot Money Prize.
LymphaSense’s wearable screening product is revolutionizing the way breast cancer clients are monitored for indicators of lymphedema next procedure.
INIA Biosciences, Boston College — fifth place and the $5,000 EY Fifth-Area Hard cash Prize.
INIA Biosciences is creating a noninvasive, property-administered bioelectronic machine to present treatment method pursuing a kidney transplant.
Bold Transfer Drinks, University of Texas at Austin — sixth area and $15,000 in prizes, which includes the $5,000 Chevron Technology Ventures Sixth-Location Cash Prize.
Bold Shift Drinks is an early-phase alcoholic beverages brand name that combines espresso and whiskey to develop Cold Brooze in two flavors.
Anise Overall health, Harvard College — seventh put and $7,000 in prizes, together with the $5,000 Shell Ventures Seventh-Position Hard cash Prize and Edward H. Molter Memorial Wildcard Prize from Egan Nelson.
Anise Overall health is a digital system providing culturally tailored mental wellness treatment to racial and ethnic minorities, starting up with Asian People in america.
All opponents also acquired:
- Entrepreneur Futures Network (EFN) mentoring: EFN mentors offered pre-competition mentoring and advice to just about every of the teams on matters this kind of as refining a business program, refining economic versions and increasing presentation competencies.
- Amazon Net Companies: Service credits for each of the 42 startup teams for two several years.
- Palo Alto Program: Obtain to Reside System presentation and evaluation software package
- Allianse: 3-month trial to traders and money platform
For extra information about the 2022 Rice Company Strategy Competitors, pay a visit to rbpc.rice.edu.